Thursday 7 March 2013

Tutorial Thursdays - Easter

Yay - Thursday!
Welcome back to Tutorial Thursdays with Marigolds' Loft.
It is always such a pleasure to host this linky party every week, I love visiting all the amazing crafts that get linked up here.

Today I am going to show you one of my Easter Crafts that I have prepared for you.

I am going to show you how to create this yarn-egg:

yarn egg tutorial thursdays

This idea is not originally mine. I did find this craft on Pinterest a while ago, but the link behind the image was bad and so I thought I would re-create this craft for you in a tutorial format.

The original image showed this craft to be quite easy and so I jumped right in. 
I must tell you though, as easy as this looks for the first step you will need an extra pair of strong, nimble fingers - you will see why just now.

For this craft you will need:

gonis

Some Yarn
A couple of small chocolate easter eggs
a balloon (Have a reserve incase it doesn't work first time :))
 Some Design Freezer* (this is a product to "Freeze" the yarn into place)
a  craft sponge

First - grab your second pair of hands :) and get them to hold open the balloon so that you can push in the eggs.

balloon egg

Once the eggs are safely inside, blow up the balloon to the size you require.

balloon egg yarn gonis

Now, taking the yarn, wind around the balloon in a haphazard fashion and tie around the balloon closure to keep in place.

yarn egg tutorial gonis


Taking your Design Freezer* and the sponge, apply generously to the outside of the balloon.

yarn egg tutorial gonis

yarn egg tutorial gonis

Tie a new piece of yarn around the closure of the balloon and allow to hang in a warm place to dry. This can be messy, so hang over a surface that either doesn't matter or can be easily washed.
I hung mine in the bath ;)

yarn egg tutorial

Once dry, it will feel hard and brittle.
Using scissors pop the balloon.

yarn egg tutorial

This can also be a tricky part as the balloon will automatically shrink around the chocolates. Use your fingers (if the holes are big enough) or tweezers to remove the balloon from inside the egg.

Tie a piece of ribbon to the one end of your egg and ViolĂ  there you have a cute Easter decoration :)
My balloon didn't really keep a nice egg-shape, so mine turned out more roundish, but that's okay - you get the idea right?

yarn egg


Don't forget to grab your chance/s in this weeks' Giveaway!!!

And now its' your turn!

Thank you to all of you who linked up last week, I so appreciate being able to visit such creative folk :).

The most visited links from last week were:


yarn ball deco
Yarn Ball Decorations by Tanya @ The Fruitful Home

And....

sharpie pens crafts
Sharpie Plates by Katie @The Crafty Blogstalker

And My Personal Picks of the Week:

felt birdie clips
These gorgeous Hair Clips by Chelsey @ Buggy and Buddy
Such a pity my girls are older now, otherwise I would have made these Today!!

And....as most of you know I am a sucker for recycled!

tutorial thursdays
Thank you for this inspiring craft Joanne @Creative Mess



Well-done ladies and thank you for sharing these amazing Crafts.

I have pinned your crafts on the PinBoard and added them to the Tutorial Thursday Album on my Facebook Page :)

You will also be featured in this week Newsletter

(If you have a Facebook Page or account, I would very much appreciate a share :))


Don't forget to grab your button if you haven't done so already :)


”Marigolds
Please feel free to link up your crafts below.

They do not have to be tutorials, I would love to see any crafts.

I understand that the point of linking at a party is to gain exposure and share your goodies, but please stay a while and visit some of the other links available. 

I love hosting the Linky Party, but it would be so much more fun for everyone, if all of you, would take a couple of minutes to visit at least 2 other links below. 
We all appreciate visitors and comments, so please be so kind and do so.

Rules for the Linky Party:
  • Be a Follower of Marigolds' Loft, this is not a MUST, but I would appreciate it :)
  • Grab my button below and showcase it somewhere on your blog OR create a visible link.
  • Do not Link if you are selling something. 
  • Be sure to only link the relevant Blogpost and not your whole blog.
  • Please be so kind and visit at least 2 other posts linked below, it is always nice to receive visitors, this is a linky party after all! :)
  • In linking below you are giving me the permission to use of your image if it is being featured the following week. If I am unable to use your image I can unfortunately not feature you.
  • Please note: I will remove content that does not abide by the rules mentioned above. 
Marigolds' Loft

30 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing our felt birdie hair clips! Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chelsey,
      My pleasure, your link is also featured in this week's newsletter.
      Thanks for visiting.
      x

      Delete
  2. Thank You for hosting the Party Natalie! and also thank you for the invite...I was kind of late checking mail and all due to illness...I think is time to visit the Dr. now..Hope you are having a good week. Hugs, Lizy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lizbeth,
      Hope you feel better soon!
      Thanks for visiting.
      x

      Delete
  3. Thank you for featuring my post this week! I have shared my excitement via facebook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joanne,
      My pleasure, I have also featured it in this weeks newsletter which will go out tomorrow morning :)
      x

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for all your hard work with these fab parties!

    hugs x
    Crystelle
    http://www.crystelleboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Crystelle,
      Awww thank you, you are such a dear! It would only be half as much fun if I didn't have all of your lovely links to visit!
      Thanks for linking.
      x

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Hi Linda,
      Thanks so much for taking part each week, much appreciated.
      x

      Delete
  6. Really great project, I saw a picture of this on facebook some weeks ago and got the supplies and then lost the link so it was great seeing you do it, now I know what I'm to do to make these for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruth,
      Oh that is great to know, I would love to see how it turns out :)
      x

      Delete
  7. Thank you for featuring my Ceramic Plates! I love your party and wouldn't miss it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie,
      Thank you so much, you are very kind :)
      I appreciate your support, without which this party would be......well very lonely!
      x

      Delete
  8. Thanks so much for hosting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Makeiteasycrafts,
      Thanks for linking and visiting.
      x

      Delete
  9. Thank you for featuring my post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tanya,
      It is my pleasure. I have also featured it in this weeks' Newsletter, so be sure to grab your copy if you haven't already. You can sign up for it here :
      Sign up for my Weekly Free newsletter!

      Thanks for linking.
      x

      Delete
  10. I hope I haven't linked the yellow chick already ... Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Regula,
      I don't recall seeing the sweet little chick before, so I am glad to have it with us :)
      Thanks for linking.
      x

      Delete
  11. Natalie, this is such a cute project! I can't wait to give it a try this weekend. If you haven't already, I'd love if you'd come join my How To Tuesday link party, too.

    http://housewifehowtos.com/link-party-2/how-to-tuesday-link-party-11/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad I found your blog through Dysfunction Junction, Linking with my ladies, I love the variety of your projects. I added to your linky part the table topper I made lately. I also added your button on my parties page.
    I am a new follower here! I give you the link to my blog, I hope you'll visit me, and if you like my creations, I invite you to follow me.
    http://passionetcouture.blogspot.ca/
    Marisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marissa,
      I am heading over right now :)
      Thanks for the follow and for linking up, much appreciated.
      x

      Delete
  13. Thank you a great tutorial and party

    ReplyDelete
  14. Like your eggballoon! even if it's not really egg-shaped ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Natalie! I love your eggs and how there's candy inside of them :)
    Thanks for hosting and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for inviting me and for hosting this party! I'll be back every week :-D

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for hosting this! I posted my link and I found a few new blogs to add to my reading list!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my site and leaving a comment, I really appreciate each and every one.
I will reply to each of your comments, sometimes it does take a while to get around to all of them, but I will reply within 24 hours of you posting. :)

Blog Archive